Every time I am abruptly taken off of my pain meds, I get worse. The pain is SO BAD this time, the meds barely touch it. I'll give it a week, but I think I'm going to be calling the pain doc back up and seeing if there's anything they can do… or maybe the rheumatologist? I dunno.
My bones burn. A deep, aching, all-consuming burn up and down my entire spine, tracing every rib and my sternum, squeezing my breath from my chest and aching all across my torso. My skin burns too, intermittently, mostly on the shoulders and upper arms, hands, upper thighs, and feet. My upper arms burn and ache from the bone outward, and my neck and spine are stiff with the pain.
The sacroiliac joints continue their deep, booming bass ache and shoot pain down through my buttocks into the backs of my thighs, and my neck is stiff, burning from the vertebrae outward.
All this is in addition to the usual muscle and joint aches, spasms, and sharp shocks of pain. Last night I was in tears (again) because of the burning and aching of my torso and the beyond-sharp, stabbing pain of my lower left side every time I took a breath… or whenever I laid down. I ended up finally falling asleep for a few hours by being propped up on the couch.
My mom thinks I need to be tested for cancer. Wouldn't it be funny if I did have cancer? I told my husband the other day that "I have cancer of the body. The whole thing." It would just be… funny.
I'm not even sure where I am on the pain scale right now. There are so many different levels and flavors of pain competing for my attention that I can't sum it all up in one number. It is very safe to say, though, that the least of them is a 5 or more.
My bones burn. A deep, aching, all-consuming burn up and down my entire spine, tracing every rib and my sternum, squeezing my breath from my chest and aching all across my torso. My skin burns too, intermittently, mostly on the shoulders and upper arms, hands, upper thighs, and feet. My upper arms burn and ache from the bone outward, and my neck and spine are stiff with the pain.
The sacroiliac joints continue their deep, booming bass ache and shoot pain down through my buttocks into the backs of my thighs, and my neck is stiff, burning from the vertebrae outward.
All this is in addition to the usual muscle and joint aches, spasms, and sharp shocks of pain. Last night I was in tears (again) because of the burning and aching of my torso and the beyond-sharp, stabbing pain of my lower left side every time I took a breath… or whenever I laid down. I ended up finally falling asleep for a few hours by being propped up on the couch.
My mom thinks I need to be tested for cancer. Wouldn't it be funny if I did have cancer? I told my husband the other day that "I have cancer of the body. The whole thing." It would just be… funny.
I'm not even sure where I am on the pain scale right now. There are so many different levels and flavors of pain competing for my attention that I can't sum it all up in one number. It is very safe to say, though, that the least of them is a 5 or more.

0 comments:
Post a Comment